Version No. 1
Valid from 15.03.2019
This is our (Ridango AS’s with contact information as stated here: https://www.ridango.com/contact) principles for the processing of personal data in recruiting personnel (the Principles), which we must process in order to be able to acknowledge your (an applicant applying to work for us) candidacy and potentially successfully conclude an employment contract with you.
These principles describe the information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it, how long we store it and what rights and obligations you as an applicant have.
When you apply to work for us, you agree to these principles.
Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
We are responsible for the processing of your personal data. You can contact our data protection officer using this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collected Data and Sources of Its Origin
We obtain your personal data from yourself, and it may include following:
- Your name and contact details;
- Information included in your CV or cover letter, such as employment history, academic background, skills and competencies, personal interests, languages spoken;
- Job preferences and type of employment sought, willingness to relocate;
- Names and contact details of referees. Please note that it is your responsibility to obtain consent from your referees prior to providing us personal information about them;
- Current or historic salary details together with salary expectations.
We may also collect your personal data from third parties, and it may include:
- Your referees, employment background check providers, any other persons we prior agree with you;
- Public internet sources, public registers (Äriregister, Karistusregister), private registers (Creditinfo Eesti AS).
Purpose and Legal Basis for the Data Processing
We process your personal data mainly for the following purposes and bases:
- carrying out the recruitment, including contacting you throughout the process, assessing your qualification and suitability, and reaching a recruitment decision based on the preparations prior to entering into an employment contract;
- verifying the data, you submit to us, and conducting background checks (where applicable) based on our legitimate interest to ensure that our employees have an impeccable reputation and are not subjected to the influence of third persons;
- taking your candidacy into account in future recruitments based on your consent;
- fulfilling out our legal obligations and protecting our rights based on the necessity to do so.
Recipients of your personal data
Your personal data may be accessed by:
- the persons who will evaluate your application or who will have to process your data for recruiting purposes, such as management team members, potential future line managers or HR staff;
- to our third-party service providers who support us with the recruitment process or recruiting software system providers (e.g. Lever, Inc., for more information about Lever, please see https://www.lever.co/), as far as necessary to achieve the purpose of data processing.
Transferring your personal data to third countries
When applying for a job with us, you need to be aware that your personal data is sent to Lever, Inc in the United States of America (for more information about Lever, please see https://www.lever.co/).
Preservation of data
Your data will be processed no longer than necessary. Though, in some cases the preservation period of your personal data may be based on our legitimate interest or on the applicable law, then as a general rule your personal data will be deleted after 3 years.
If we conclude an employment contract with you, the corresponding personal data may be used in connection with your employment consistent with our other applicable internal policies.
- to obtain information on whether we are processing your personal data and to require access to your personal data in written or commonly used electronical format and, were feasible, transmit such data to a third person (data portability). You acknowledge that we may demand reasonable fees for such data access and transmission;
- to require rectification of your personal data if it is inadequate, incomplete or incorrect;
- to require erasure of your personal data. If personal data is erased at your request, we will only retain such copies of the information as are necessary to protect ours or third-party legitimate interests, comply with applicable legislation or governmental orders, resolve disputes and problems, or enforce any agreement you have entered into with us;
- to object, to restrict or to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data, where applicable;
- in case of a breach of privacy rights, you may lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Inspectorate www.aki.ee.
In order to use your rights, please write to us using the e-mail address: email@example.com.