VP of Engineering
We’re looking for a VP of Engineering to own the Engineering function for all our cutting-edge product areas. The department consists of 6 engineering teams that are in 3 offices in Estonia and Slovenia. The teams together with project management teams have deployed systems in more than 25 countries, e.g. New Zealand, Hong Kong, India, Estonia, Sweden, Finland, etc.
As VP of Engineering, you will work closely with the Product Management and Project Management teams to define and implement a scalable and innovative product and deliver complex projects to our customers. Your role is both operational and strategic leadership of the area. You will drive impact directly and through our Engineering Managers who report to you by promoting sound engineering practices, driving work on technical strategy and roadmaps, regularly assessing the technical state of teams, advocating for standard methodologies broadly, and providing focused mentoring to teams. You will help ensure that our solutions are delivered on time, that they are scalable, balanced, and architecturally sound, and that technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time.
What you’ll do:
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in autonomous, cross-functional, and cross-location technology teams and within Ridango in general.
- Be accountable for the technical vision and long-term technology strategy for Ridango’s products. Work closely with your product counterpart to define the product vision and long-term product strategy. Define the technical capabilities required to achieve that product strategy.
- Identify and plan resource needs for engineering organizations and build and maintain career models for engineers.
- Ensure the delivery of our project and product roadmaps successfully within the organization.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other engineering leaders to enable experiences that support the execution of our projects and products.
- Lead and support the dedicated engineers who architect, develop, and operate our services supporting millions of users.
- Enable learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices, and mentoring other specialists.
- Work directly with suppliers and partners to influence technical platforms and decisions.
- Initiate, influence, and drive technical projects across teams within Ridango.
- Making sure people in your teams have clear goals and purpose and they are happy.
What we are looking for:
- Are an inspiring leader who brings out the best of your teams and helps them to be successful and grow together with the company.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for managers of managers, and as the leader of an Engineering organization driving significant impact. You have a good understanding of how to lead and inspire others.
- Have competence in modern development methodologies and are capable of managing change successfully.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering the best engineering practices.
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech strategies.
- You have a good understanding of system design and experience leading engineers. You are conversant in some of the following: large-scale web application development, microservice architectures, and data streaming architectures.
- In the past, you have solved problems that affect the larger company engineering organization as well as your own organization.
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
- You are fluent in English.
- The opportunity to grow a technology team that offers the necessary service to millions of customers internationally through modern technologies
- Work with best-in-class experts in public transportation technology and talented individuals.
- A great company culture with plenty of flexibility and a united collective.
- Opportunity to grow together with an ambitious and expanding company filled with supportive and positive people.
- Competitive compensation package recognizing your skills, accomplishments, and performance.
- A cozy working environment in a modern office with free parking, snacks, and a view of nature.
- Passion, fun, and power to make public transportation more convenient to use.
Working location: Estonia/Slovenia
For more information about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.