Front-End Engineer in Core Ticketing
Do you want to shape the future of transportation software solutions? You have a great opportunity to join our Core Ticketing team and change the face of public transport ticketing with us.
Our mission is to provide the best smart ticketing solutions for sustainable public transport.
We have a large variety of features allowing Public Transportation Authorities to make data-driven business decisions. Our team focuses on building a sustainable Account-Based Ticketing Solution, that our international clients use and as a result, millions of people can travel seamlessly every day. The solution allows people to travel using a secure token, linked to an account in our Back Office. We are transforming our Admin Portal and want you to help us build a
functional and modern platform!
What you’ll be doing:
- Your main role is to develop Ridango’s Back Office functionalities faced towards our customers’ needs;
- Develop a new Angular-based Back Office for configuring ticketing product properties and settings; to provide the best experience for our customers;
- The products you’d be working on are highly customizable and configurable, our ticketing products can have:
– Different types (per ride, per time, single, period, multi-journey, group, etc.);
– A variety of pricing models (incl. matrix and formula-based, etc);
– Different settings and restrictions (duration, availability, activation, entitlements).
- You’ll mainly work with Angular (latest versions), but also of course with other web technologies;
- Collaborate with your team members and other development teams to implement the best web application solutions for our customers around the world;
- You’ll make technical decisions and have an impact on where Ridango’s code is evolving.
What will help you succeed:
- Practical experience with Angular in building responsive single-page applications;
- Experience in working with REST APIs;
- Good debugging and analytical skills;
- Passion for writing clean, optimized code and refactoring the code that isn’t;
- Experience with version control systems;
- Good English.
- A chance to build a first-class ticketing product and platform, that’s used by millions of people daily;
- An opportunity to participate in high-impact system development with a combination of hardware and software that influence millions of people in the Nordic and CEE region;
- Dynamic and challenging work in a growing international technology company;
- Passionate and experienced leaders. A company culture that empowers people and where each employee’s contribution counts and is valued;
- Opportunity to grow together with an ambitious and expanding company filled with supportive and positive people;
- Competitive compensation package recognizing your skills, accomplishments, and performance;
- A modern work environment with free fruits, candies, coffee, tea, etc;
- Passion, fun, and power to make public transportation more convenient to use.
Language: English, Estonian
Working location: Tallinn, Estonia
For more information: contact firstname.lastname@example.org